At some grocery stores, it is possible to find really think slices of pork loin. This are perfect for a quick dinner, because depending on their thickness, they can take as little as 5 minutes to cook. Wow! Here are a few ideas on how to spice them up a bit, without having to prepare an entire recipe.
How to cook them
– add tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan. Heat on med high. Once pan is heated, toss on the cutlet, cook for a minute or two, turn over and cook another minute or two. It should be done, but you can check by cutting it open. If there is hardly any pink or none at all, it is ready to go.
– try any of your favorite BBQ sauces. BBQ sauce goes great with pork.
– Frank’s hot sauce is a great hot sauce if you like spicier dishes. It gives the pork a quick, but does not overpower it.
– mix together a bit of honey and mustard and spread on top.
– if you don’t want to use a sauce, consider some spices or herbs. Rosemary or thyme both go great with pork.
– try the pre-made spice combos. Find one for pork, and sprinkle that on. The only problem with these is they can be high in pork, so if you need a low salt diet, check the sodium content of these.
– if the side takes a long time, then quick cooking pork is pointless. One great option are corn on the cob (cooks in just a few minutes). If you don’t have any, frozen corn is another excellent quick option, as are peas and carrots. You can try buying fresh but pre-washed and pre-cut veggies, which can be steamed in just a couple minutes as well.